- Build collaborative groups between military personnel and professional archaeologists to promote understanding of military needs, cultural site preservation, and sensitivities of local populations.
- Offer opportunities for AIA professionals and members to participate in DOD initiatives to enhance global heritage stewardship.
- Develop good procedures for military operations within areas of cultural significance.
- Train military personnel on history, culture, historical sites, artifacts, and laws regarding trafficking in antiquities.
- Educate military personnel on host nation history and heritage resources and provide training for AIA and military members on compliance with preservation treaties, laws, and regulations.
- Develop academic exchange programs for military personnel to attend various academic institutions and for non-military academic personnel to help military academic institutions develop curricula.